Home Goals is a FREE online campaign to provide a safe way to stay active, learn how to cook healthy meals as well as connecting with friends in the safety of our own homes.
You can watch the video of this meal being made on the Home Goals Youtube Channel.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 6-8 hours
10/12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 5 skinless chicken breasts
2 red onions halved and sliced
2 garlic gloves crushed
2 tsp paprika
2 tbsp chipotle paste
100g BBQ sauce
1tbsp light brown soft sugar
- Heat the slow cooker
- Brown the chicken in a pan then transfer it into the slow cooker
- Fry the onions for 5 mins or until soft then add the garlic and paprika and cook for 1 min then transfer to the slow cooker
- Add 100ml water into the pan, swirls water round then pour into the slow cooker
- Add the chipotle, passata, bbq sauce, sugar and lime juice and stir
- Cover and cook for between 6 and 8 hours until the chicken is really tender.
- Using two forks shred the chicken through the sauce and leave in the slow cooker uncovered to cook for a further 30 mins then serve
Find more recipes and exercises at facebook.com/homegoals-keepingoutcommunitymatchfit