Last Saturday marked our annual Junior Takeover Day, which saw children from our partner schools take over match day roles and duties at the Doncaster Rovers game v Northampton Town.
An exclusive benefit for Club Doncaster Foundation partner schools, children got the opportunity to apply for various roles within the club, by sending in an application form along with their chosen roles, which were looked over by first team players, who whittled the candidates down to a select few, ahead of the fixture.
Mini me’s met up with their mentors on Saturday afternoon and worked alongside them to complete the usual match day tasks taking place. From first team manager to safety officer, Box Office and club shop staff, to commentator and referee, children got an unforgettable experience of life behind-the-scenes on a match day.
The children and their roles were;
· Ella Smith – Donny Dog’s Assistant
· Harry Guest – Hospitality Reception
· Riley Savage – Groundsman
· Alex Stead – Community Coach
· Leo Richardson – Scoreboard Operator
· William Mannifield – Operations Manager
· Noah Reynolds – SLO Assistant
· George Smith – First Team Manager
· Olivia Plattes – Community Co-ordinator
· James Darcy – Tannoy Announcer
· Lincoln Coy – Media Manager
· Joshua Walker – Club Shop Assistant
· Saffire Sykes – Box Office Assistant
· Thomas Ramm – Community Manager
· Tommy Dawson – First Team Player
· Daisy Marshall – Referee
· Oliver Gregory – Commentator
· Alexander Pura – Safety Officer
· Luno Ace – Marketing Manager
· Charlie Latta – Club Secretary
Nicola Moran, Sports Development Officer for the Foundation, spoke about the Junior Takeover Day: “JTO is such a fantastic day for our partner schools and the children that get chosen to be mini-me’s each year.
“It’s a wonderful unique opportunity to get a look behind the scenes at Doncaster Rovers, while also getting the chance to help with duties that contribute to the running of a matchday. It’s not very often people get the opportunity to see everything that takes place behind-the-scenes.
“We want to thank all the children who took part in our Junior Takeover Day this year & also to all the children that applied for roles. There were some fantastic applications.
“We already can’t wait for next year’s!”
Were you at the game? Did you see any of the mini-me’s completing their match day duties? Take a look at some photos from the day, below!
For more information on our schools packages and the additional benefits included, like this, please e-mail Nicola at firstname.lastname@example.org.